What are cookies?
Cookies are small files or data packets stored on your computer that help websites remember, recover and update user information. Cookies help webmasters identify users’ browsing preferences and customize the services they offer.
Types of cookie
Depending on what they are for, cookies can be:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are essential for browsing. Without these cookies, which include user login cookies and media player session cookies, webpages may not work properly.
- Functional cookies, which help websites to recognize user preferences, such as language and font size.
- Security cookies, which prevent or hamper attacks against websites or their users.
- Analytics cookies, which help measure user activity and compile browsing statistics.
- Advertising cookies, which manage how often users see adverts and what type of adverts they see.
- Behavioural targeted advertising cookies, which store information about users to deliver targeted adverts, customized to user behaviours.
What cookies does this website use?
What’s more, I use session cookies on www.itziarsantin.com to help my website work properly and to help you navigate between pages. Clearing session cookies may stop the website working properly and you may not be able to access all of the site. When you close your browser, these cookies will be deleted from your computer.
How can you control cookies and web beacons?
You can delete cookies and web beacons on your computer or mobile device via your browser. Search your browser’s help menu to find out what steps you need to take. More information:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en